One of the areas of functionality available to your schools (if you use Perspective Lite) and to LA users is the Real Time Data. This gives you a quick overview of each of the assessments that is imported into Nexus and can be helpful for a school or Nexus user if they just want a quick summary of results.
Real Time Data Trends gives a three year view of the school, LA and emerging national figures and can be exported into a PDF. (The example shown is reduced to 1 year following Covid cancellation of assessments)
You should try and ensure that schools and Nexus users understand that any data loaded into Nexus will not show in Real Time Data until the next day as it is cached overnight (despite the name).
Where LA are making this available to their schools, you can take control of this area by using the Data Tab Visibility controls. These are found at Nova > Admin > Data Settings
Once you access the above menu options, you are presented with the control area for Data Tab Visibility.
You have the self-explanatory options here around the visibility of the assessment information:
- Not visible - you would potentially use this option to ensure that users were not viewing (and drawing incorrect conclusions) from the data until LA and national comparisons were mature enough to have some validity.
- Visible to LA - this option allows LA users to see the information but not school users. You might use this option if it wasn't something you wanted to provide to schools at all, or (again) if you were waiting to publish the data to school users
- Visible to LA and Schools - this option is visibility for all users
As you can see this can be selected for each assessment from EYFSP to Key Stage 5.
For KS2 and KS4 there are some additional options on the left of the screen. These allow you to select which data source is included in the display. This is only the case where there are multiple sets of data becoming available over time (so EYFSP, Phonics, KS1 and KS5 do not have that option.) These are presented in decreasing order of confidence and finality:
- Key Stage 2
- Keypas (AAT) - This file is available after the checking exercise has amended the results and (in some years) is the last version published by the DfE. Typically this will be in or after October.
- Keypas (DFE) - This is the July results file published by DFE to each LA. This is before any checking exercise takes place or any pupils are removed. LA will load that data in when received.
- Keypas (Schools) - This is the initial file from schools if the LA is loading KS2 writing teacher assessment data into Nexus individually for each school. Most LA will not use this option.
- Key Stage 4
- NPD - This results set is loaded centrally by Angel Solutions who receive a file for all LA and schools from the DfE. Typically this will be in or after November.
- Keypas - This results set is loaded by each LA into Nexus when received in September/October.