Keypas access requires the 'Can Access Keypas' permission in user privileges. Once access is provided, log in to Nexus and click Keypas on the main toolbar. If you don’t see this option, please speak to your administrator or refer to the Nexus Users & Permissions guide.
The options under the Keypas menu link on the main toolbar (subsequently displayed as a lower level menu bar once you click one option) are as follows:
Please note, your screen may look different to the above image, depending on your access rights and what modules your Local Authority has subscribed to.
- Dashboard - Clicking this will display both shortcuts to the data and admin menus but also the Keypas Import Indicators widget which is described more fully in the Video introduction to Keypas Import Indicators tool
- Tree View – Clicking this will take you to the Keypas tree view, from which you can select any report from any Key Stage along with those for Maintenance, CLA, Census and Absence reporting. For more information, refer to the Navigating around Keypas: Tree View article.
- Imports – Begins the data import process, which allows you to load any of the data required for reporting from the system. This includes your assessment, school census, pupil premium and extra pupil data Keypas. When Import is clicked, you are taken to the Import Queue where you can see a history of your LA imports. This may take a few seconds to refresh when opened. The process is described more fully in the Keypas Imports Quick Guide
- DfE Returns – begins the data export process, which exports your data out of Keypas so you can submit your data to DfE in the required format. By hovering your mouse cursor over ‘DfE Returns’, a further set of menu options appear allowing you to select an option (e.g. EYFSP or KS1). See the DfE Returns article for more detail
- Search Pupils – will take you to the Search function of Keypas. Here you can find individual pupils that match a given criteria or search for groups of pupils with similar characteristics.
- Batch reporting – Keypas batch reporting is now very limited in scope having been largely replaced by the equivalent Nova batch reporting capability. The functionality that remains in Keypas is largely composed of data quality reports for data submitted by schools you may want to share back to them to address. Batch reporting allows you to create, edit and run batches (or books) of reports in Keypas, grouping multiple reports together in one exportable file. These can be run for one, several or all schools according to groups that have been set up and left to run on the server. Nova batch reporting is run separately through the Nova menu option and now picks all of the assessment batch reporting capability.
- Admin – Various Admin options, see the separate Keypas Admin Guide for more detailed information on the functions in this menu. Care should be used with some of the available options.
- Help – The help menu contains all the need-to-know information about Keypas. Training and user guides can be found in this menu.
Article is closed for comments.