DOWNLOADS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ARTICLE INCLUDING TEMPLATES FOR ISSUE TO SCHOOLS AND SAMPLE GUIDANCE FOR SCHOOLS
While most results can be imported into Nexus using exam board results files received by schools from the boards and forwarded to the LA, there may be some results that schools are unable to provide in an exam board result file but they still wish to be imported.
We have created an excel spreadsheet that will allow you to import those results that a school might receive as a CSV or even a PDF. In either case, this will require the completion of the excel spreadsheet.
Once the results sheet is completed the results can be exported as a CSV file as shown in the clip below and sent to the LA along with the exam board results files.
The CSV file(s) will be what you will import into Nexus, you can import multiple CSVs at once, so just zip them up before you import into Nexus.
- Forename (not mandatory)
- This field will not be used for matching purposes so does not necessarily need to match the forename of the pupil on the Spring census.
- Surname (not mandatory)
- This field will not be used for matching purposes so does not necessarily need to match the surname of the pupil on the Spring census.
- ULN (unique learner number) (mandatory)
- This field is used for matching so must be the same as the ULN for the pupil returned on the spring census. If a pupil cannot be matched to a census record using the ULN provided they will not be included in analysis in Nexus.
- Result Series (not mandatory)
- Each result will have a result series which identifies what month the qualification was completed in, for an exam based qualification it would be the month of the exam. You might expect to see a series such as 6A or 6G, both indicate a qualification completed in June.
- Result Year (mandatory)
- The result year indicates the year the qualification was completed in, the year should be in the format 2021.
- Subject / Discount (mandatory)
- You will need to pick a subject before you pick a qualification, choosing a subject of English Language will limit the qualification list to English Language qualifications.
- Qualification Name (mandatory)
- Ensure you choose the correct exam board and level for the qualification the pupil has achieved (limited for selection based on the subject as described above)
- Result (mandatory)
- The list of possible results will be limited by the qualification you have chosen.
- Exam Centre No. (not mandatory)
- An exam centre number is different from other identifiers such as establishment number, each school will have at least one unique exam centre number but could have more. The exam centre number is used in the discounting process so if you know you should complete this field.
The files below will support the process. The spreadsheet (2021 KS4 Exam Import.xls) can be used by your schools for all qualifications that are not included in the Exam Board/EDI files.
The Sample Guidance for schools document is a start point for LA to provide guidance to their schools. It must be localised and customised for your selections, process and information.