This import is restricted to users with Keypas CLA permissions.
The SSDA903 is a statutory social care data return made by every LA to the DfE, which captures information on pupils that have been looked after at any point in the previous year. Because this is restricted data, it has a separate set of permissions which must be assigned before any user can view or work with data associated with Children Looked After (CLA).
CLA data via Keypas is available well in advance of the official DfE dataset. You can import your SSDA903 files as soon as they become available, usually in June following the statutory submission deadline. If you are uncertain who can provide you with the necessary files in your LA, check with Social Care for the person who is responsible for submitting the SSDA903.
There are CLA Nova reports for you to analyse your CLA data, use the Tag 'CLA' on the report home screen to view all available CLA reports. There are also areas of Insight (again limited by permissions) specific to the CLA cohort.
Importing the SSDA903 files gives Nexus a list of pupils that have been in the care of your LA, wherever they were at school (which may be in another LA). Then, when their educating/home LA loads their key stage data, or when the NPD data is loaded into Nexus, that data will populate your CLA reports.
The video below illustrates the process of loading the SSDA903/CLA Census into Nexus and the process is also described below the video:
Importing statutory CLA (SSDA903) files
- You (or the person responsible for SSDA903 submission) will download two files from the CLA portal, a header file and an OC2 file. These files must be saved in CSV format, and need to be renamed as:
- Header: CLA_Header.csv
- OC2: CLA_OC2.csv
- You will then need to create a ZIP file containing these two files and named SSDA903.zip
- Log into Nexus and browse to the import screen:
- Keypas > Imports > Import New File > CLA
- At the bottom of the import screen you can either drag and drop your ZIP file or Add Related Files.