The below email example can be sent out to schools by the Local Authority, prior to the Perspective Lite activation date. Feel free to tweak it accordingly and use it as a guide to inform your schools about an upcoming rollout.
The below template can be used to inform schools about Perspective Lite. Please note the red text as it requires attention - it may relate to Broadcast and Pendulum (additional Nexus modules) or is an area that needs to be completed. You can also edit the text to reflect any Traded Services that impact what data may be available to schools.
(LA NAME) is introducing you to a web-based system to manage the process of sharing LA Performance Data reports and live end of Key Stage data. This system is called Perspective Lite and is developed by Angel Solutions in partnership with the NCER*. You can find out more about Perspective Lite by visiting their website here.
Head Teachers are given an initial account, then as the designated admin they can add other members of staff and customise permissions. Within Perspective Lite you will be able to access the following from the LA:
- Realtime Data Trends which display key headline data for your school, Local Authority and National, for the last 3 years.
- Local Authority Announcements alongside your own personalised newsfeed from popular sources.
- Interactive Reports allowing you to easily interrogate, analyse and filter your school's data, at both pupil and school level.
- Analysis (Insight) intelligence functionality, "Headlines" visualise and verbalise school attainment and absence data, making it accessible to a wider audience. "School Intelligence" outlines school strengths and challenges.
- Look up Ofsted Inspectors and their latest findings and recommendations in the Watchsted section - where you’ll find all of the Ofsted tools and analysis updated twice daily directly from the Ofsted website.
- Upload your School Census XML file and visualise the data as an easy to read infographic which can be printed too!
- LA Documents to see all relevant documents from your Local Authority in your Document Pool.
- LA Visit Reports which allow you to access all of your records of visits from your Local Authority.
And much more in the TOOLS menu – the wealth of features on offer is always developing, so keep checking back for new features.
You will also receive a weekly email alert (each Wednesday morning) summarising any new reports or news that have arrived from the Local Authority in the last 7 days. Please note, if nothing new has arrived in this period, you will not receive an email.
In terms of security, Perspective Lite and the system that the LA uses are both hosted with Rackspace (www.rackspace.co.uk) - a tier 1 hosting provider that is fully secure. Angel Solutions are also an ISO Certified organisation with Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation.
If you haven't already got a Perspective account, in the next few days you will be provided with a username and password for Perspective Lite, via email. Please check your junk/spam folders in case it ends up in there. Instructions for logging in to the system will be included. The link to Perspective Lite is below (we suggest adding this to your “favourites” within your internet browser for ease of access).
If you get stuck and need assistance in using the system, Perspective Lite contains a wealth of help materials, videos and live online support. The Angel Solutions support team can also be contacted via email/phone at email@example.com or on 0845 129 7196.
If your query relates to the data or the content of reports/news items then you should contact the Local Authority at........
Perspective is the school improvement toolkit that reduces your workload. Save time and money by letting Perspective take care of the unnecessary admin at every stage of your school cycle. From completing the SEF to staying on top of development plans and appraisals, thousands of schools across the country are already using it to make each day that little bit easier. Find out more at angelsolutions.co.uk/perspective/.
*The NCER (National Consortium for Examination Results) is a community interest company made up of every LA in the country and works with software suppliers (inc Angel Solutions) to develop efficient, easy to use and cost-effective solutions for Local Authorities – more info here: https://www.ncer.org/PublicResources/About.aspx
Angel Solutions are a software supplier that has been working with the NCER, LAs and schools since 1999 – more info here http://www.angelsolutions.co.uk/